A fire broke out on the second floor of the Newton Highlands home Tuesday night Jan. 20, causing heavy damage. According to neighbors and police, the owners, Nadine and Richard Lindzen, were not home at the time.
Neil Dahlberg was in his house down the street shortly after 7 p.m. when he saw flames shooting up from 301 Lake Ave.
“I was running down the street yelling fire,” he said. “I broke the window and went right up to the room – twice – to make sure nobody was in there.
“There wasn’t a smoke detector in the whole house going off,” he added.
No firefighters were injured in the fire. It is under investigation.